Netter's Crafty Ideas

"So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering." --Brenda Ueland

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I still remember how to crochet!


I had to go to a craft store to pick up something for a project I am making for Tami's birthday and while I was there I felt inspired. I look at all the pretty crochet work on everyone's site and I feel so left out. It had been years since I tried to crochet. I was never very good at it and I have no idea how to read the instructions. Looks like Greek to me. Anyway, I bought a a ball of the Sugar n' spice cotton by Lily. then I went home and dug out an F5 hook and decided I could make a simple dish cloth. I am happy to announce that my sides were the straightest they have ever been and I think my tension was pretty good too...not to tight not to loose, very even. So, that is the extent of my crocheting ability. It only took me two movies to get through with it, but I was taking snack breaks, bathroom breaks, blogging breaks...basically any break I could think of. It's hard for me to relax when I crochet. Maybe that would change if I did it more often. Anyway, I think I am going to see if my Mom wants this dish cloth, since she taught me how to crochet. If she isn't interested....I'll pass it on to someone that wants it.

1 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger NewLifestyle said...

It's like riding a bike, you never forget how :)
I love that color, very springtime.
Pretty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home