Netter's Crafty Ideas

"So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering." --Brenda Ueland

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Directions for a diaper wreath.

It's really not very complicated to make a diaper wreath. You take a wreath form that you purchase at your local craft store. I used a wire half form because it was super cheap and not as bulky as a full foam wreath. First I took size 1 diapers and starting from the inside of the wreath, placed the diaper around the wreath form. Just pretend the diaper is a bun and the wreath is a hotdog. Take a section of curling ribbon and wrap it around the open ends of the diaper on the outside of the wreath, knotting the ribbon. You don't have to tie it very tight to have it keep the diapers on. Take your scissors and curl the ends of the ribbon. See the example in the upper right corner. Do the same until the diapers cover the entire wreath. Some people like the diapers to fit in a tighter loop, I personally like it when they are seperated a bit on the outside, like the petals of a daisy. See the left hand photos. Then you take the items you want to place on the wreath by wrapping ribbon around the entire wreath in the sections were the diapers meet and attaching the item with a snug knot. I tucked some of the ends behind the wreath so it wasn't overpowered with curly ends on the front. In the top right hand picture, I didn't tuck the knotted end behind. You can always slide the knot behind later if you don't like the look. Keep attaching items until the wreath is full. Attach a small baby safe, washable plush toy in the center and if you wish, attach it with a giant bow to finish off the wreath. Because I used a wire wreath form, I didn't need to make a ribbon hanging loop. All I have to do to hang it is seperate the top diaper enough to use the top wire as a hanging support.

It's sooooo easy. No glue is used and later the expactant Mom or Dad can just cut the ribbon to use the things on the wreath. I hope the directions are clear enough. If you have any questions, email me: asknetter1970@aol.com Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 8:00 AM, Blogger LG said...

Hi Netter, I´m organizing something and I wonder, if you would be interested? Just take a look at my blog, when you have time... Hugs!

 
At 9/08/2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. How in the world do you have the type to create three blogs and so many wonderful ideas?

 
At 9/22/2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Lesalicious said...

Oh wow that is very neat I wouldn't never thought of that. Seems like something that could be giving as a baby shower gift. Great work. Love your blog.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home